About the Team
At Spring Automation, we are a family by our shared purpose: To Have Fun Building Legacies Together. We are a team that loves each other and what we do. We design and implement high-quality controls solutions. We strive for growth through diversification while maintaining a culture of teamwork and innovation. Whether we are serving our customers, community, or family, we take pride in everything we do. When we win, we win together.
About the Role
This position oversees multiple projects or one larger project. In addition to the duties of a Project Manager I, the Project Manager II is responsible for assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure timely completion of the project. This position reports to the Director of Project Execution.
In this role, you will…
• Lead assigned projects from sales handoff to customer acceptance, including completion of all open points and successful standby support.
• Resolve issues/disputes with minimal or no direction from upper-level management.
• Keep management updated but can act independently.
• Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor, and summarize progress of projects a at high level to report to upper-level management.
• Provide direction to project team, including assignment of tasks, deadlines, and technical functions.
• Hold internal teams and vendors accountable for agreed upon timelines and deliverables.
• Consult and inform customers and end-users of potential risks.
• Support the sales team in the RFP/bid process as needed.
• Review all job contract documents from customers and end-users.
• Develop detailed project schedules inclusive of all in-scope engineering, installation, and integration schedule activities as well as explicit and implicit out-of-scope milestones by others (i.e., end-users and general contractors) impacting project execution.
• Manage all projects within the constraints of scope, schedule, and budget.
• Be able to develop and maintain complex schedules of multiple projects being executed simultaneously.
• Demonstrate a complete understanding of contracts and terms as well as review and make recommendations on customer, subcontractor, and vendor contracts and terms and conditions.
• Maintain multiple levels of communication with management, customer, and end-user stakeholders.
• Manage the customer relationship during project execution, ensuring consistent communication on project progress and completion.
• Maintain and update the project schedule, open items list, and risk register weekly, daily, or as needed.
• Coordinate with engineering and vendors for material requisitions and equipment deliveries to meet project milestones.
• Hold internal and external teams accountable for quality and timely completion of project tasks.
• Monitor progress against milestones, budget guidelines, and other KPIs.
• Analyze project profitability, forecast appropriate monthly costs for revenue recognition, and ensure timely and accurate invoicing
• Identify and manage project risks with actionable mitigation strategies.
• Hold project team members (engineering, installation, vendors) accountable for completing project deliverables within specified timeframes.
• Demonstrate the widest degree of creativity, resourcefulness, persistence, and latitude.
We are excited about you because you…
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• At least four years of experience leading projects for or a team executing controls-based systems and/or electrical installations.
• The ability to travel up to 25% of the time (may include weekends).
• A strong project management background.
• Thorough knowledge of MHE control and electrical systems.
• Typically, over five years working in the material handling industry.
• The ability to quickly assess a situation and take appropriate action.
• A proactive and hands-on work ethic.
• A strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
• Self-motivation with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations.
• A passion for motivating coworkers.
• Knowledge of controls engineering theories and principles.
• Electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes.
• A detail-oriented personality.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
• Team leadership and facilitation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, and SharePoint.
Learn more about Spring’s robust benefits packaged at Careers Page and discover how we are committed to providing a workplace that fosters a culture of health, happiness, and wellbeing.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Address1||720 Fessey Park Road|
|Country||United States of America|