We are seeking Data Scientists with proven experience developing models to solve business problems to join our Digital Innovation team. This position is located in Montreal, Canada and requires between ~30-50% domestic and international travel.
What’s in it for you:
You will drive large-scale Supply Chain decisions for significant improvements in Sales, Service, Inventory, Cost, Investments and Carbon Emissions for our customers.
You will be in direct contact with relevant key supply chain stakeholders and decision makers and help them implement your solutions to improve their forecasting, sourcing, production, distribution, transportation, inventory, and route to market decisions and planning.
You will learn from our unrivalled experience, working alongside talented colleagues and using state of the art data and modelling technologies.
You will have a challenging and rewarding career where the variety of opportunities and projects allows you to develop your potential and grow professionally every day.
We offer a competitive salary and other benefits package, learning opportunities and much more!
Do you want to drive real impact with your data science skills? Please visit https://www.miebach.com/ to learn more!
In this role you will:
• Collaborate with teams to execute projects in Digital Innovation: Supply Chain Data Engineering, Data Mining, Segmentation, Forecasting, Predictive Analysis, Optimization, Simulation, Process Mining, Business Intelligence, and Customized Algorithm Development
• Direct performing and lead analysts to deliver data pulling, data wrangling, data analysis, modeling, scenario analysis, and strategy recommendation tasks for assigned projects
• Develop innovative modeling approach leveraging different tools, knowledge, and best practices, including various topics in Machine Learning and Operations Research
• Work with clients and team members to understand business objectives, identify data requirements/gaps, and formulate strategies that yield value
• Be responsive to internal and external requirements and complete project tasks according to aligned project timeline and milestones
• Provide quality analytical results for project gate review process and drive decision-making for Miebach’s clients
• Guide and coach team members on data processing and modeling knowledge and techniques
• Develop best practices documentation and standard tools for Supply Chain Data Science applications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution with majors in Engineering, Business Analytics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science or Information Systems
• Relevant coursework in data science and operations research
• Minimum 4 years professional experience in data processing and modeling for business recommendations
• Proficiency in Python (with Tensorflow, Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn) and SQL
• Experiences with Business Intelligence and visualization software
• Proficiency in English
• This position in located in our Montreal, Canada office and on-site presence is required
• 5+ years professional experience in data processing and modeling for business recommendations
• Academic and professional experience in Supply Chain optimization and modeling
• Professional experiences in consulting environment
What will make you successful in this role:
• Innovative and strategic thinking mindset
• Self-driven and proactivity
• Ability to reframe & efficiently identify the right approach to complex problems
• Agility and flexibility to adapt
• Capability to coordinate or work with cross-functional and teams
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Attention to details
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to responsibilities, deliverables, and timelines
• Advanced skills with MS Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Flexible hours
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• VRSP, disability plans, life insurance, paid time off, floating holidays, etc.
• International Miebach trainings as well as external training and certification opportunities
• Wellness program
• Company sponsored events
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Hybrid work from home options
Miebach Consulting is one of the largest supply chain focused consulting and engineering firms in the world. For over forty years, we have centered our work and research on developing best practices and designing state of the art supply chains. This concentration has let us bridge the gap between consultants and engineers, allowing us to support our clients across the full project lifecycle: developing, engineering, and implementing solutions and initiatives. Because we provide both strategic solutions as well as implementations, our work in each is strengthened respectively.
Our services can support, across any industry, a company’s planning, inbound, manufacturing, and distribution aspects either holistically or individually. This portfolio of services has been developed organically across numerous continents from our several hundred projects a year. This global foundation of benchmarks and best practices is an integral part of our project methodology. We deliver a consistent and standard approach based on our global knowledge and experience, applying them to the regional needs of a client.
We are proud to be one of the few consultancies listed in SupplyChainBrain's Top 100 Supply Chain Partners. This unique combination of strategic engagements and tactical engineering services across and within the supply chain has regularly resulted in over half of Gartner's list of "Top 25 Supply Chains" to rely on Miebach to support their supply chain initiatives.
|Sponsor||Miebach Consulting Inc.|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Address1||1000 Rue Sherbrooke O|
|Zip/Postal Code||H3A 3G4|
|Supply Chain Management|