As a Project Buyer, you will play a vital role in the procurement team at Robotics & Discrete Automation in our new Alpharetta, Georgia location supporting the Consumer Segment Business.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will support the broader business by ensuring all purchasing activities align with corporate policies and procedures and by providing relevant market information. Project Procurement consists of the timely and cost-effective acquisition of quality materials, supplies and resources necessary. It also includes coordinating with associated groups and leading the resolution of purchasing problems.
- Purchasing materials according to required technical specifications, price, delivery schedule and terms, negotiating with main suppliers and periodically renewing price lists, terms and conditions.
- Initiating purchase orders according to the purchase requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures.
- Overseeing supplier performance (on-time delivery, quality, lead time) and resolving performance issues.
- Identifying and qualifying new suppliers together with supplier quality and engineering specialists.
- Aligning supplier orders with customer requirements in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related, and minimum 8 years of experience in Supply Chain field, project management, OR Associate's Degree, and minimum 10 years of experience in Supply Chain field, project management.
- Open to travel 20% local and international.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated experience working with enterprise resource planning and standard operating procedures required.
- Experience in supply base supporting robotics, logistics, healthcare/medical devices, food & beverage, and packaging markets.
- Desired SCM Certification; CPSM, CPIM, CSCP. Knowledge of SAP and MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) is highly preferred.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills preferred.
To apply directly to job - https://careers.abb/us/en/job/80496579/Robotics-Project-Buyer-Consumer-Segment
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|