The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of procurement activities including sourcing vendors, developing strategic partnerships, leading negotiations, ensuring business continuity, and optimizing the supply chain for cost, quality, and delivery. Effectively manage the procurement’s tactical responsibilities while developing strategic direction for the supply chain.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Lead a team of Associate Buyers, Buyers, and Senior Buyers responsible for the tactical and strategic execution of procurement processes and strategies.
• Develop and manage strategic partnerships and relationships across the global supply chain.
• Optimize the supply chain for total landed costs across each of the product lines and business portfolios balancing cost, quality, and delivery.
• Source new suppliers to support the business objectives.
• Lead vendor negotiations for long-term contracts, pricing, and other key deliverables.
• Ensure supply chain business continuity through conducting risk assessments, developing second source strategies, and managing local vs. corporate-wide supply strategies.
• In collaboration with Manufacturing and Finance, conduct make vs. buy analyses and provide recommendations to senior management for approval.
• Manage new and existing suppliers through formal supplier assessments, providing regular supplier scorecard feedback, and corrective actions as needed.
• Monitor purchase price variance (PPV) and drive improvements.
• Develop and manage key metrics such as Raw Materials as a % of Sales, On-Time Good Delivery of Material, Purchase Order Accuracy, etc.
• Support Business Development Team efforts through the stage gate process to source new materials and vendors and provide price estimates based on sales volume.
• Provide root cause investigation in response to material quality issues in support of the Quality Management System. Manage suppliers through incoming quality issues and resolution ensuring effective corrective actions and preventative actions (CAPA) are put in place.
• In collaboration with the Cost Accountant, develop predictive cost models based on market fluctuations and price changes to develop impact assessments on total product costs.
• Monitor key market trends that affect material availability and pricing. Develop strategies to ensure continuity in the supply chain at optimal costs.
• Drive improvements utilizing Lean tools and principles.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
• High degree of business ethics and accountability
• Leadership and application of lean tools and principles to drive improvements
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Proficient with ERP systems
• Effective in both written and verbal communications
• Able to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
• Skilled negotiator
• APICS certification for CSCP
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Address1||600 Fishers Run|
|Country||United States of America|
|Supply Chain Management|